STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sports Greatest villains

5. George Steinbrener - I have always considered myself an Atlanta Braves fan. However, gradually I became a Red Sox fan. It took a while but as I got older I realized that I wasn't really a Red Sox fan. I just hate the Yankees and the head of this "evil empire" the boss, George Steinbrener. At least the boss is consistent. Whether it's his own felonious campaign contributions to Richard Nixon or hiring gambler Howard Spira to spy on Dave Winfield, Steinbrenner is not above breaking the rules to maintain his power.



4. John Rocker - Go to any trailer park in America, find one with a Confederate Flag on the porch and you can meet someone just like John Rocker. The only difference is, the redneck in the trailer park can't throw a baseball 95 mph. What was Ole' John thinking about? Rocker made Mets fans look classy in comparison.






3. Ron "Crazy" Artest - Ron Artest will always be remembered for going into the stands and duking it out with the Detroit Pistons fans. I am not that shocked by that, he did have a beer thrown on him. I'm shocked by the fact that he shaved his rap label into his head. I am also shocked that he demanded a trade out of Indiana and immediately changed his mind. It kind of reminds me when you get in a fight with a girlfriend say something horrible and then immediately apologize!


2. Mike Tyson - Born into poverty Mike Tyson fought his way out. With a voice like his you better learn how to use your fists or it may be a long and painful life. Without question, Tyson is one of the greatest fighters of all time. He may also be the craziest fighter of all time. He spent time in prison for rape. Then he got out started fighting again and bit off Evander's ear. However, the craziest thing he did was get a tattoo on his face. There is no one on this earth cool enough to get a tattoo on their face!



1. Barry Bonds - What a surprise! Let me start by saying that with our without steroids Barry Bonds would be a Hall of Famer. This hatred of Bonds is not new. Up until a few years ago, Bonds had a lot of fans despite his obvious lack of social skills. Then came the steroid scandal. Everyone already new he had to have been taking something. No one gets that big that quick in their late 30's. Bonds denied ever using and then changed his story to never knowingly used.
Let's label Barry for what he is.... A great ball player, a whiner, arrogant, IDIOT!


I am sure that I missed a few. Who do you believe should be on this list?

5 Comments:

Blogger ____________ said...

I think Randy Moss should have made this list. What a dickhead he is. Sometimes playing/running hard, other times not running/hard. No one gets along with that clown so thats reason enough to make him a villian. Plus, I think I saw him smoking a bowl on the sidelines one game!

2:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Gaylord Perry? He was a cheater! or Pete Rose or T O or even Marcus Vick

4:13 PM

 
Blogger ____________ said...

Pete Rose was a hero! Not a villain!

4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you have a villain list without Steve Spurrier? He's the evil genious for god's sake!

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have two put The Chicago Bulls greatest villain Jerry Reinsdorf on the list. Who in their right mind would dismantle the two time three-peat Bulls. Give me a break your dealing with The greatest player in history Michael Jordan. He should have just passed his position to me. Don't forget he traded Elton Brand to the Clippers and traded Ron Artest. I could go on and on about that idiot but, I will close and leave the writing to the real editors. (Oh yea and Steve Spurrier)

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home