STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Friday, August 04, 2006

The little BIG man!



It's August, the Panthers are starting training camp in my home town and I am a little excited. How great is football season? Just think, in a few weeks we will be getting off work on Fridays and have a weekend full of football. I know it's still early and training camp has just began but I am very optomistic about the Panthers chances of returning to the Super Bowl. A huge reason for this optimisim is the man in the video above... Steve Smith.

Little Big Man

Steve Smith is a bad man. He runs the 40 in 4.38 seconds, has a 38 inch vertical leap and will absolutely out muscel DB's. He does all this at 5'9 and 180 pounds. Like I said he is a bad man! Let's take a look back at what he did last year.

Last year Smith won the "Triple Crown" of football. He led the NFL with 1,563 receiving yards and tied for first in the League with 103 receptions and 12 touchdown catches.The last person to do this was former USC star Sterling Sharpe back in 1992. What makes this so great is that he did this as the primary and basicaly only receiver Jake Delhome threw to. The opposing coach knew who the ball was going to, the DB's knew, the commentators knew and even the fans knew. Still Smith had 103 receptions. He is a bad man!

In the postseason Smith had 45 receptions and 6 touchdowns, rushed for 45 yards and one touchdown and had 7 punt returns for 73 yards and a touchdown. Let's not forget how he single handedly destroyed the Bears. He is a bad man!

With the addition of Keyshawn Johnson, a great posession receiver that can make the tough catches over the middle, I expect more of the same from Smith this year. GO PANTHERS!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Man you just gotta love Steve Smith. I had him on my fantasy team last year and he won games for me almost single handed. I hate the new rule the NFL put into place about touchdown celebrations cause you won't be able to see him sit on the ground and row, that one celebration was just hillarious.

10:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll win the triple crown again and he'll win the Panthers a super bowl this year as well.

12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I wish I was the commish celebrations would be mandatory!

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home