STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Please Remove Your Hand From My Butt............ a look at the butt slap in sports

Gary Sheffield has taken the butt slap to a whole new level. I hope he atleast took Jeter to dinner first.

Why is it that grown men congratulate each other by smacking the rear end? If you look, you will see that this does not occur in ladies sports. They tend to give high fives. I'll admit that I was once a butt-smacker back in high school. Just like bowl cuts and parachute pants I look back and say, "what was I thinking".

However, if you do decide to continue to smack grown mens butts there are a few simple guidlines to follow.

1. Ask yourself..... WWGSD.... What Would Gary Sheffield Do?

Whatever your answer is to this question. DO THE OPPOSITE! Jeter is a pretty boy...... but he aint that pretty.

2. It's all in the delivery

The key to the butt slap is to not linger. When slapping another grown mans butt you should always do so with a firm hand. Noone one wants a limp hand on their butt. Also, do not linger, squeez, rub or massage.

3. Only Slap to Congratulate

If you insist on smacking someones butt only do it when they have done something good. Noone wants to strike out, drop a pass, give up a homerun or miss the game winner and then have another man grab their butt. There is a time and place for everything!

I think we should all stop with the butt smacking. If you find you can not stop, please practice safe slapping and follow the simple rules I have listed above. Please smack responsibly!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a butt smacker?

12:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua,
Does butt smacking go on more in Baseball, Basketball, or Football?

1:25 PM

 
Blogger ____________ said...

I think right here in South Carolina, the men's church softball tournaments. I see more butt smacking in those games than anywhere else in the counry!

1:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Sheffield and his wife are swingers.

4:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only Chris Benson and his wife Anna Benson were swingers......

4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that picture real? If it is it is really funny!

4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like Jeter wants no part in this public disply of affection.

5:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua, I saw on your profile you are a recent USC grad who's looking for a job. I am sure that there is a Clemson grad somewhere for whom you could work. I won't keep you as I am sure that you need to get back to putting your degree to work delivering pizzas.

8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home