STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Thursday, June 15, 2006

J.J. Please Don't Drive.... You've Had Like 4 Zimas Already!

(JJ's Mug Shot)

What was on J.J.'s mind? If I was J.J. that night I would have just taken my chance at the road block. For those of you not familiar with what happened..... J.J. Redick was arrested after performing an illegal U-turn to avoid a liscense check near the Duke University campus. I'm no expert, but doing a U-turn in front of a police checkpoint is about like having a neon flashing sign on your car that says, arrest me I'm drunk.

You are J.J. Redick for god's sake. People in Duke love and support you. Take your chances with the checkpoint.

In the past J.J. has been known for writing sappy poems. Well, you are in luck people. We at Sports Talk Rocks have obtained an exclusive copy of the poem J.J. wrote while locked up in jail.

I'm Gonna Cry
by J.J.
I'll admit I was wrong, I shouldn't have drank, I wont lie
but... at least I'm in this jail cell with a really cute guy
Pina Coladas and Zimas I had a great time
I never thought I would have ever been charged with this crime
but I did and I had to call my mom on the phone
I'd rather stay here, she's gonna kill me when I get home
So, I made a promise to God, I got down on my knees
Lord I'll never drink again I'll just stick to weed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you guys obtain a copy of that poem ? =) j/k

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Us Duke people ain't much for driving

9:48 PM

 
Blogger JCTiger said...

Great poem Josh!

3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home