STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Clemson! Please Continue To Give Reggie Merriweather The Ball

Even though Reggie Merriweather is getting absolutely ZERO playing time for my team on my NCAA 2007 Football Season with Clemson, I want to encourage Tommy Bowden and Rob Spence today not to follow in my footsteps. This guy looked incredible last Saturday! I don't care if it was against one of the worst teams in the country. Somebody please give this man the ball!

This guy had 9 carries for 75 yards and a touchdown this past weekend against Florida Atlantic. Even though those are good numbers, even against a F- opponent, you would have had to see his performance in person to realize the hardwork and hard effort that he has put in over the last 9 months. I don't want to say that he looked like a completely different running back because he has shown us greatness over the last few years. What he did show to the fans and hopefully to Bowden and Rob Spence is that he deserves 10-15 carries a game.

I don't want Clemson fans to get me wrong, I'm a big James Davis fan and I'm still on his bandwagon. I just wanted to give props today to a hard-working 5th year senior who obviously busted his tail in the off-season to continue to get better.

Observations From This Past Weekend
1. Georgia Tech, even though they lost, they will be a tough challenge for any ACC team who faces them. It's just a shame that they have to play Notre Dame, Miami, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Georgia this year.
2. I told contributor Joshua Richards 2 things - 1. South Carolina would not "kill" Miss. State and #2. that California will not make it to the national championship and that Tennessee will beat them. Not only was I right but geeze, California and South Carolina both looked horrible.
3. Clemson looked good, I hate it for LB Anthony Waters. Will Proctor looked good but I'm not 100% sold on him.

2 Comments:

Blogger JCTiger said...

Man yeah! Reggie looked great. On top of it, he is a class act. Out of all the football players I've known Reggie has to be one of the best representatives of the college athelete. I hope he gets 10-15 carries as well, Reese.... How good is Clemson's backfield?? (Reggie is 3rd string still) It's too bad about Anthony Waters. I'm looking forward to next Saturday.... Clemson vs. BC and UGA vs USC. Have a good one!

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Brad said...

Man it was nice to see Reggie running up and down the field saturday. To most casual fans he's been forgotten about since CJ stepped on campus but I loved it when the stadium started chanting Reggie Reggie. I'm sure he got pumped up about that. I think he's our spark plug on Offense. He's going to have another great year no matter what JD and CJ do. Btw, sorry for not contacting you this past weekend when I was up there. We'll have to get some drinks at UNC game which looks more and more like a cake walk.

4:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home