STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's Almost Time!

It's almost that time people. Of course I speak of college football. It's a special time of year. It's one of the few times you can drink beer on the fairgrounds with old and underage people alike and let's not forget the 4 year old girls wearing I love COCKS t-shirts . I am here to make one thing clear to everyone. When USC prepares to play Auburn they will be ...... .
4-0.........
.
I don't want to predict to far into the future but I feel very confident that USC will be 4-0 and of course I am going to tell you why.
.
1. Mississippi State- With all do respect to my good buddy Michael Reese, who seems to think the Miss. State game may be a trap.... this game is going to be a laugher. Sure, they have a lot of starters coming back but they are not very good. Congratualtions guys! You beat Ole Miss last year but then again beating Old Miss is kind of like being the smartest kid in special ed, it just doesn't matter. USC 38 - Miss State 10
.
2. Georgia - The Georgia game always seems to be a tough game and USC always seems to be right there and make silly mistakes that cost them the game. I believe this year will different. Georgia's starting quarterback will be suspect as well as their secondary. The 2 starters from lst year are gone as well as the projected starter. (suspended for 2 games) Steve Spurrier will have a game plan ready to take the Bulldogs down in front of 80,000 rowdy gamecock fans. USC 17 - UGA 14
.
3.Wofford- I will always be partial to the Terriers. However, even a few years ago when the Terriers made it to the semi-finals they were no match for a South Carolina team and this years Terriers team is weak to say the least. They are not even top 3 this year in the Southern Conference USC 42 - Wofford 9
.
4. Florida Atlantic - I know, I know.... the beginning of the schedule is a little weak. However the Georgia win will help people to forget that. The Florida Atlantic game will be nothing more than an opportunty to tweak the offense and get ready for Auburn with a chance to go 5-0. USC 31 - Florida Atlantic 17

8 Comments:

Blogger JCTiger said...

I think you're right minus the UGA game. The bulldogs pull through as the always seem to do against USC. (I thought you had them between the hedges last year!)

1:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

USC has played UGA very tough for years whether it be on the road or at home, Spurrier is a much better coach than Richt and I feel like the talent level between the two.....UGA still has of course better talent, but the gap is a little closer this year than last.
USC 27-UGA 17

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we have a good shot at being 4-0 but that MSU game scares me. 1st game with a new OL going up against a very good MSU DL makes me believe that game will be much closer. MSU has no offense whatsoever though so our young and inexperienced D should be ok. Georgia is missing some people and Spurrier will have a gamplan in place to beat them. Wofford and Fla Atl....well I dont see us having a problem with them.

The latter part of our schedule scares me much more then the 1st 4 games but if we are 4-0 then I see an 8 win season since we still have games against Vandy, Kentucky and MSU.

But I wouldnt overlook MSU right now.

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kirk,
I do not see Miss State being a proble. Even if their defense is sooooo good. They are going to be on the feild for a very long time and eventualy wear down.
USC 31 - Miss St. 6
USC 21- UGA 17
other 2 blowouts

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming. SCAR will lose to UGA -- again.

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to keep an eye out for the Stadium Pants. If we get a pair of these on coach, go ahead and call in your reservations for the bowl games!

Keep up the good work on your blog.
See you guys at kick-off.
Mel

8:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little history lesson to all you taters: USC has not lost 5 in a row to UGa since joining the SEC. With UGa missing 2 key starters, having serious questions at quarterback, and also Leonard Pope is gone. This game is also in the 'Brice, where Spurrier is undefeated against SEC-East foes in his tenure here.

USC WILL beat the dawgs in Columbia, and will do it with a more balanced offense than last year's team.

You taters can go back to smoking that good stuff now, if you don't want to believe me, but come September 9th, you'd better have a lot of it on hand if you plan on watching this game...

7:39 PM

 
Blogger ____________ said...

Mel,
shoot me an e-mail at michaelwreese@yahoo.com letting me know how to get in touch with you guys. Can't wait for football to get here already, I'll be down there at a few USC games actually this year

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home