STR (Clemson Tiger) and Matt Melton's (Wake Forest Demon Deacon) view on Sports - www.SportsTalkRocks.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rod Gardner: He Doesn't "Push," He Just Does A Good Job Creating Space Inconspicuously

South Carolina fans whining and screaming about as loud as a bunch of little girls at a New Kids On The Block concert because of the Rod Gardner catch back in 2000 still goes on even today. Well I'm here today to end it. We are finally going to put that game, the catch, and all the film to it to rest. This will be the last time you S. Carolina fans and Clemson fans will be able to watch it. So for the South Carolina fans who still lose sleep from this Rod Gardner catch, I will say this: there was contact on both sides. That call usually goes to the home team. I can see where it was questionable, but whining about it is ridiculous.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw that dude, he pushed off bigtime, shut your hole

10:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really was a great no call I thought. There was contact all the way down the field. Its USC's fault for letting him get even remotely close past the defender

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just had to show that didn't you Reese? I dont think i've felt any sicker in my life then when he "pushed off".

And we all know that fans of both schools will see it there way and I have no problem with that. Having been at that game and as alluded to on the video, the refs had been calling cheap stuff all game long that was exactly what Gardner did. Everything was called until that play.

Of course sitting up in Death Valley I was hoping we would have tackled Gardner instead of letting him have a shot to catch it. Live and learn I guess. But I believe it was Tyler Watts that just streaked down the middle of the field and nobody was even close to him. Had Woddy thrown it to him it would have been 6.

2:16 PM

 
Blogger ____________ said...

Kirk,
Thats def. one of those plays that neither side will agree on. That catch has stuck in Gamecock fans minds for a long time and I think yall are about over it.

Whoever that guy was in columbia, sc that made that bumper sticker "honk if you've been pushed by rod gardner" probably bad a killing!

2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't "push-off" Gardner get thrown off the Panthers team for pushing off? They don't allow that as much in the NFL I don't think...they look more for skill.

10:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW man were you drunk, or just a tater. I was at that game and the fact that you just said that there was contact on both sides makes me question your intelligence in football, sports, and just in general. He was CLEARLY just getting position and Gardner CLEARLY pushed him off. If that wasn't Hellen Keller sitting right there trying to make that call, I don't know who it was. So you need to shut the heck up and let us 'Cocks whine about it if we want.

10:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home